20 best vegan sweet potato recipes
These are the best vegan sweet potato recipes ever. I have a wide variety of different ways to use sweet potatoes in a vegan recipe. We have mash, muffins, cake, and more. These yam recipes are the perfect healthy vegan recipes for the entire family. Healthy Sweet Potato recipes are great for optimal nutrition and even weight loss.
What are common types of sweet potatoes?
- 1. Hannah sweet potatoes are your best choice for making sweet potato noodles! That’s because they are are dense, firm, and creamy, and much less prone to becoming mushy!
If you eat a lot of sweet potato recipes like I do you might have wondered what’s the difference between yams and sweet potatoes? Although many people (including myself for most of my life!) think they are the same they actually are not! Yams are native to tropical climates so unless you live in the tropics you’re probably just eating sweet potatoes.
Yams and sweet potatoes are not the same thing.
These simple instant pot sweet potatoes might be just what you’re looking for! Especially if you’re looking for healthy recipes for weight loss or maintenance.
Real yams are native to the tropical areas of Asia and Africa. They have scaly brown skin with very starchy white flesh. They’re not nearly as sweet as sweet potatoes and so best boiled or slow braising.
These plant based muffins are one of my favorite vegan sweet potato recipes. It’s made with oatmeal, yams, and cinnamon. Furthermore, they’re so healthy and delicious for vegan breakfast.
Sweet potatoes make a great plant based ingredient for flourless cookies.
Sweet potato donuts with chocolate chips are so delicious as well! Similarly they make great muffins too.
These vegan mashed sweet potatoes are so quick and easy. They are also so thick and creamy. It only takes about 30 to 40 minutes to make this easy vegan side dish. Check out these easy yam recipes.
- 2. Beauregard is one of the most common types. They’re available at practically all grocery stores. They have purplish-red skin and a deep orange flesh. Their interior is slightly stringier and more juicy than some other varieties. For this reason they are best for mashed potatoes or baking.
- Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole
This recipe is very creative and unique. It’s also so delicious and healthy. Chocolate yam crisps are the best appetizer.
These healthy sweet potato recipes can help with weight loss too.
Cinnamon yam cookies is one of my favorite vegan sweet potato recipes. These plant based cookies are quick and easy. Bake time for these healthy vegan cookies with yams are perfect t for weight loss, maintenance, and meal prep.
This healthy plant based breakfast recipe is packed with nutrients. Sweet potato breakfast cake contains chia seeds and cocoa. Additionally, it’s packed with antioxidants and flavor.
This vegan cheesecake is thick and creamy. It’s the perfect vegan dessert for holidays and get togethers.
- 3. Jewels on the other hand have light orange skin, and are not as sweet. They have orange-flesh with a lot of moisture. These are also best for mashing, boiling, and baking. Like making pies or cookies as well!
These vegan brownies are so delicious. They’re made with yams, chocolate, and strawberries.
- 4. Garnets are dark orange-red skined sweet potatoes with bright orange flesh. They make great mash, pie, and casseroles.
This protein bowl is perfect for those wanting to consume high plant protein. It also contains hemp seeds and veggies. If you’re looking for optimal plant protein, health, or even weight loss, try this protein bowl.