There’s a certain magic in simple recipes. I’ve always been an advocate for fuss-free recipes (especially) desserts that come together with minimal ingredients. With only three ingredients, this vegan fudge is a breeze to whip up.
Sometimes in the kitchen, less is more. The rich and decadent taste of fudge is always a crowd pleaser, so I like bringing this sweet treat to parties when I can. This is an easy vegan fudge recipe that utilizes simple ingredients that closely resembles “traditional fudge”. And by that, I mean you’ll never know it’s vegan and dairy free.
I post a lot of healthy recipes on the site. Some desserts have hidden healthy ingredients (like these chocolate beet muffins). But this recipe? This isn’t one of my healthy desserts. It is fudge after all, and it’s gonna be sweet! There is no candy thermometer needed for this homemade vegan fudge. It’s the easiest recipe and the perfect delicious treat!
- This fudge is easy to prepare and only uses 3 ingredients.
- It’s completely vegan, but it tastes like “the real thing”.
- It’s a kid-friendly recipe (of course), and also makes a great gift.
- It’s very versatile. You can mix up the ingredients and add your own unique touch.
How To Make 3 Ingredient Vegan Fudge
- Vegan chocolate chips (dairy-free chocolate chips). I prefer using dark chocolate chips
- Sweetened condensed coconut milk
- Vegan marshmallows (like Dandies brand)
Line an 8×8-inch pan or baking dish with parchment paper. Allow a bit of the parchment paper to hang over the sides. This makes it a whole lot easier to get the fudge out. And, it prevents a mess in your pan.
Combine the vegan chocolate and condensed coconut milk in a large microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave in 20 second increments to melt the chocolate. Each time, stop and stir the mixture until it is entirely smooth with a rubber spatula.
Then, stir in the marshmallows. You can leave them a little bit chunky for marshmallow chunks. Or, you can continue microwaving in short 15-second intervals until the fudge base is as smooth as you would like. Personally, I don’t mind marshmallow chunks at all, but I also like a creamy texture.
Spread the “fudge batter” into the parchment-lined paned and refrigerate for one hour. For best results, refrigerate for longer. Cut into fudge bites.
Store this fudge in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. You can also store it at room temperature for a week. This will depend on your climate. If its really warm in your home, you may want to keep it in the fridge.
What type of chocolate chips work best?
I find that I prefer to use dark chocolate vegan chips because the flavor is much richer. But, they can be difficult to find. Milk chocolate semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped up vegan chocolate also works and results in a delicious vegan fudge.
How do I store the fudge, and how long will it last?
Store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. Store at room temperature for 1 week.
Can I use a different type of milk instead of sweetened condensed coconut milk?
Sweetened condensed coconut milk contributes to the texture and sweetness. I have not tested this recipe with condensed oat milk or any other dairy-free milk. If you do try this, leave a comment and tell me how it comes out!
How can this fudge be customized?
So many ways! There are lots of optional add-ins you can use to make this fudge different each time. You can add nuts, dried fruit, vanilla extract, candy canes or other mix-ins. Stir them in right before spreading the vegan fudge mixture into the pan. You can also sprinkle coconut flakes or flaky sea salt on top of the fudge or mix up the flavor with peppermint extract.
Can this fudge recipe be doubled or halved?
Yes, this recipe is quite versatile. You can easily adjust the quantities to make a larger or smaller batch, just ensure the ingredient ratios remain the same.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
Easy Vegan Marshmallow Fudge (3 Ingredients)
- Large microwave safe mixing bowl
- Parchment Paper
- 12 oz vegan semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 cups vegan marshmallows Dandies brand
- 11.25 oz sweetened condensed coconut milk 1 can
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Combine sweetened condensed coconut milk in a microwave safe bowl along with semi-sweet chocolate.
- Microwave in 20-second bursts, stirring each time until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in marshmallows. You can leave them whole for marshmallow chunks, or continue microwaving in short burst till the batter is as smooth as you would like.
- Spread into prepared pan and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Cut into squares and serve. Or, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
I hope you enjoyed this vegan chocolate fudge recipe as much as I love eating it. The combination of melted chocolate, marshmallows and sweetened condensed milk (coconut) can never be bad, right? I’m a huge chocolate lover – and this recipe always fixes my sweet tooth cravings. The hardest part is the self control involved so I don’t eat it all!