I may consider myself an expert when it comes to preparing a quick and easy lunch. This lentil and avocado wrap is not only tasty, but it’s incredibly filling as well! You can add hot sauce to level up the flavor, or dress it up with your favorite toppings.
This vegan wrap is definitely nothing “fancy”. I find it is one of the easiest lunches to make, and it’s a great option for meal prep. My family likes to customize the flavor by adding their own sauces and dressings as well.
I included a recipe for my standard tahini dressing. I find it really compliments the lentils and avocados, but you can dress this sandwich up with any one of your favorite salad dressings! It’s really versatile, and the flavor of the lentils and avocado never compete much in a good sandwich.
Recipe tips & FAQs
- If you don’t have lentils on hand, this recipe also tastes good with black beans.
- Make sure you’re using a ripe avocado for the best flavor. It should be slightly soft, but not mushy.
- Experiment with different spices and add them to the lentils after cooking. I like making this wrap spicy, so cayenne pepper is my go-to. Other good options would be oregano, smoked paprika, or cumin.
- To add a bit of crunch, try adding sunflower seeds to this wrap.
- These wrap will stay good for a couple days in the fridge, but I prefer to prepare the ingredients ahead of time and then assemble them as I go.
Can I make this wrap gluten-free? Yes! I have made this wrap with almond flour tortillas from Trader Joe’s and it’s still just as good.
What should I serve this wrap with? You can serve this wrap alongside a salad or veggies of choice.
Vegan Lentil & Avocado Wrap
- 1 cup Dry lentils cooked
- 1 Avocado ripe and sliced
- ¼ cup Green onion chopped
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper optional
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
Cook the lentils
- Cook the lentils according to package instructions
- Prepare dressing by whisking lemon juice, tahini, garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne together in a small bowl. Slowly add in olive oil by the tbsp. until well mixed. Set aside.
- Assemble the wraps by adding cooked lentils, sliced avocado, and toppings of choice to a 12-inch wrap. Then, dress with the amount of dressing desired, wrap, cut and serve.