About The Cake: Fourth Of July Flag Cake
Looking for festive dessert recipe ideas? This vegan 4th of july red white and blue flag cake turned out really delicious. It’s a really dessert recipe for any patriotic celebration. The blue and red cake layers really pop with the white frosting in the middle. Additionally I like to add some blue sprinkles on top.
Best Gluten Free Flours
- 1. Gluten-Free Measure for Measure Flour – King Arthur Baking Company -This is the best over all because it’s wonderful for converting your favorite recipes to gluten-free. All you have to do is substitute this it 1-1 for a simple and convenient swap. It’s healthy too, with iron, calcium and vitamin B. Ideal for beginners making muffins, cookies, cakes, brownies, pancakes, and other non-yeasted baked goods like this vegan 4th of July red white and blue flag cake. More about the product:
- 3lbs for $10.95
- Comes with 1 or 3 pound re-sealable bag.
- Certified Gluten-Free by the non-profit Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO), a program of the Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG®)
- Sourced Non-GMO
- 2. Krusteaz Gluten-Free Flour – This brand of gluten free flour provides the best bang for your buck. This product is a blend of whole grain and brown rice flours that contain zero fake flavors, colors, or preservatives. You can substitute wheat flour 1:1 in any recipe. Amazing for making gluten-free varieties of all the baked goods and dessert recipes you already adore like chocolate chip cookies, pancakes, and waffles.
- 32oz (0.98 Kilograms) for $16.99
- Resealable bag
- Whole grain brown rice flour mix
- Comes with 1 – Krusteaz Pastry Knife; 9 1/4″ in length; Blade/cutter measures 5″; Top rack dishwasher safe
Best Vegan Food Coloring
Plant-Based Food Color Variety Pack by Supernatural – These Food Dye Powders come in 4 Natural Colors with No Artificial Dyes. They are also Gluten Free, Vegan, kosher. and come in a Pack of 4. Product Weight is 0.02 Pounds.
Ann Clark Premium Food Coloring Gel is Non-GMO and Made in the USA. The 12-Pack comes with the proper blue and red colors for this 4th of july red white and blue dessert recipe. You can also buy them individually. Like just the red and blue for this vegan 4th of July cake.
How Do You Make Vegan Frosting From Scratch
- 2 cups vegetable shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 13.5 oz smuckers marshmallow topping 1 jar is 13.5 oz
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract optional
- In a large blending bowl transfer the vegetable shortening
- Then use your electric mixer to beat vegetable shortening to break it up and prepare it to mix
- Pour in the entire jar of Smuckers marshmallow topping & vanilla extract & mix until smooth
- Soft the powdered sugar before slowly adding it in
- Blend until smooth
Baking Tips For Vegan Cake
- Beat the sugar and vegan butter with the ingredients at room temperature. This will ensure the sugar is properly dispersed and that the butter isn’t chunky.
- Use springform pans to enable easier cake removal. Make sure the cake is cold before you remove it and frost it.
- Sift the flour and sugar to ensure your vegan 4th of july red white and blue dessert recipe has no clumps and it is more light and fluffy.
Jump To Recipe: Red White & Blue Cake Recipe | Vegan Gluten-Free
Time to celebrate your love for the US with this red white and blue cake. It’s vegan, gluten free, and so pretty and delicious!
- 2 Cups Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 1 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter (softened-room temperature)
- 1 Cup Applesauce
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 3 Drops Food Coloring Blue
- 3 Drops Food Coloring Red
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
Start by beating the vegan butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until smooth, then beat in the apple sauce, vanilla extract, followed by the milk.
In a separate large mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking powder and whisk until combined.
Slowly beat the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients until combined and smooth
Now- pour half of the cake batter into another mixing bowl (you want equal potions in each bowl)
Add 3 drops red food coloring into one bowl and whisk until combined and the cake batter is red- Do the same in the other bowl with the blue color
Grease two round cake pans (8 x 1 1/2 inches) – Pour the blue cake batter into one and the red batter into the other
Bake for 20 minutes
Cool all the way down, even refrigerate until cold, before removing from cake pan and frosting.
Other Festive Vegan Recipes You Might Like:
How do you decorate a cake for the 4th of July?
It’s super simple with this recipe for red white and blue layer cake. All you need is some red and blue food coloring and white frosting. Add some yellow/gold star sprinkles to the top for some extra American flare.