You might wonder can I drink coffee on keto? Listen I can not live without coffee! I love chocolate in all forms so of course I’m going to want a mocha cafe Frappuccino. That’s why I love this recipe for copycat low carb Starbucks mocha latte. What’s better than an iced coffee recipe at home? It’s a fraction of the price and tastes even better.
I used to go get the strongest coffee at Starbucks all the time too. But since I’m not trying to spend 5$ per day, it’s easier and cheaper to make these lattes and Frappuccino’s at home.
What to serve with copycat Starbucks Mocha Latte
About the ingredients
Almond milk is the lowest carb milk out there. I love the taste too. Almond milk has me forgetting all about dairy in my drinks cereals and coffee. It’s great in this keto recipe for starbucks mocha latte.
Cocoa is also rich in caffeine making it even better for your low carb and Keto Diet. This is due to the fact that caffeine suppresses the appetite! The cocoa bean is rich in Polyphenols.
You only need 6 easy ingredients to make this Keto latte. All you need is 1/3 cup coffee strongly brewed, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk vanilla, and 2 tbsp cocoa powder. Also 1 tbsp monk fruit (or Keto sweetener of your choice,1/4 tsp xanthan gum, and 1 cup ice. You will absolutely love this simple Mocha Latte.
One of the ingredients for this recipe for low carb copycat Starbucks cafe mocha latte is called xanthan gum. Xanthan gum is a sugar-like compound made by mixing aged sugars with a certain type of bacteria. Xanthum gum is a sweet thickening and stabilizing Ingredient. Other ingredients include brewed coffee, almond milk, and cocoa powder.
My favorite coffee grounds
Starbucks Medium Roast Ground Coffee Pike Place Roast
- 100% Arabica beans
- 1 bag (28 oz.) is about $16
- These coffee grounds are well-rounded with a slightly nutty taste of cocoa.
Starbucks French Roast Dark Roast Ground Coffee
- 28 Ounce (Pack of 1) bag about $16
- These dark roast beans have a bold full body robust flavor
Dunkin’ Original Blend Medium Roast Ground Coffee
- 30 Ounce bag costs about $16 dollars
- Has the rich, smooth flavor you love from Dunkin
Jump To Recipe: Copycat Mocha Latte Low Carb
I love me some copycat Starbucks cafe mocha Frappuccino right at home for a fraction of the price but all the same flavor – plus it’s keto and vegan!
- 1/3 Cup (8 oz) Coffee strongly brewed
- 1/2 Cup (4oz) unsweetened almond milk vanilla
- 2 Tbsp (28.3 grams) cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp (14.2 grams) monk fruit sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 1/4 Tsp (1.42 grams) xanthum gum
- 1 Cup (8oz) ice
Combine all ingredients minus the ice in your blender and blend until thoroughly combined
Pour over ice or Add ice to the blender and blend until thoroughly combined
Top with sugar free coconut whipped cream
What can I have at Starbucks on keto?
If you’re going to Starbucks and want to order something keto friendly you might want to try one of these tasty items:
2. Espresso Con Panna
4. Iced Shaken Espresso
5. Low-Carb Cappuccino
6. Low-Carb Caffè Misto
7. Almond Flat White
8. Low-Carb Latte
9. Cold Brew
10. Low-Carb Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte
11. Nitro Cold Brew
12. Keto Iced Mocha
13. Keto London Fog
14. Keto Vanilla Sweet Cream Nitro Cold Brew
15. Keto Frappuccino
16. Low-Carb Caramel Macchiato
17. Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
18. Low-Carb Gingerbread Latte
19. Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Latte
20. Iced Pineapple Black Tea Infusion
21. Low-Carb Iced Matcha Tea Latte
22. Keto Pink Drink
23. Keto White Drink
24. Keto Horchata
25. Iced Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte 26. Double Shot on Ice
27. Iced Passion Tango Tea
28. Low-Carb Iced Pineapple Matcha Drink
Thank you for reading my Starbucks mocha frappe latte recipe.