About the cake
This light and mouthwatering lemon bundt cake recipe is easy, vegan, and gluten free. It’s pretty, elegant, and a little bit fancy – making it perfect for tea parties, brunch, or just a casual dessert. I always make it for my mothers birthday and mother day. Sometimes I’m just craving lemon sweets and bust out my bundt cake pan!
You will need an egg replacer for this cake, we use flaxseed eggs.
What are flaxseed eggs?
A flaxseed egg is a vegan egg substitute, that is made from ground flax seeds and water. It’s completely vegan, gluten free, paleo, Plant Based, whole30, and low in carbs just like real eggs. Ground flaxseed soaked in water creates a binding property that replaces eggs for baking purposes!
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water = 1 egg.
All you have to do make a lovely bundt cake with our eggs is find a suitable egg replacement for vegan baking. There are a wide variety of eggless binding agents such as bananas, applesauce, and chia eggs. However when baking something like a bundt cake you probably want to use homemade flaxseed eggs or a pre made binding product for baking. For example Vegan Egg Replacer by Ener-G which has ingredients like: potato starch and tapioca starch flour.
You will need a vegan butter for baking, what kind should you use? So What’s the best vegan butter for baking?
- I Cant Believe Its Not Butter Vegetable Oil Spread, Vegan, 45% – 15 oz – under $4
- Country Crock Plant Butter with Olive Oil, Dairy Free – 10.5 oz – under $3
- Country Crock Plant Butter, With Avocado Oil Dairy Free – 10.5 oz – $3.30
- Earth Balance Buttery Spread, Soy Free – 15 oz – $6.30
- Smart Balance Imitation Butter Dairy Free Original – 45 Oz – $8
Helpful Baking Tips For The Bundt
- A pan thats dark on the interior will bake quicker so check it at 30 minutes.
- Beat the vegan butter and sugar while both ingredients are room temperature, beat until light and fluffy.
- Make sure the flaxseed ground is thoroughly soaked in the water and it’s all absorbed.
Vegan Egg Replacement Product Substitutes:
- Orgran – Egg Replacer | Plant Based, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO | Natural Egg Replacer | 7.05 OZ | Vegan Egg Substitute For Baking- $9.99. Ingredients: Potato Starch, Tapioca Starch, Raising Agent , Acidity Regulator( Citric acid) , Stabilizer ( Vegetable Gum), and Methylcellulose.
- Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer – 12oz – $5.99. Ingredients: Ingredients: Potato Starch, Tapioca Flour, Baking Soda, and Psyllium Husk.
- Neat – Plant-Based – Egg Mix (4.5 oz.) – Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Soy Free, Egg Substitute Mix – $8.86. Ingredients: CHIA SEEDS & GARBANZO BEANS.
Best Gluten Free Flour For Baking?
You need a gluten free 1:1 baking flour, what should you get?
- King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour | 24 oz for $2.99. Ingredients include a Specialty Flour Blend using: Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Potato Starch, Whole Grain Brown Rice Flour, Vitamin And Mineral Blend Calcium Carbonate, Niacinamide Vitamin B3, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Hydrochloride Vitamin B1, Riboflavin and Vitamin B2.
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour, 22-ounce for $4.48. Ingredients include: Sweet White Rice Flour, Whole Grain Brown Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Whole Grain Sorghum Flour, Tapioca Flour, and Xanthan Gum.
- Premium Gold Gluten Free All Purpose Flour, 5 Pound for $13.19 Amazon’s Choice in Wheat Flours & Meals by PREMIUM GOLD. Ingredients include: Rice flour, flaxseed, quinoa flour, buckwheat flour, amaranth flour, tapioca flour, arrowroot flour, and xantham gum.
- You will adore this lemon bundt cake gluten free recipe because it’s light, tasty, with a sweet lemon flavor.
- It’s perfect for a lovely tea party or brunch!
- Makes a tasty dessert for a BBQ or picnic!
- Tastes great with hot or cold coffee and tea.
What is the nutritional information?
|Total Fat 16.4g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 9.9g||49%|
|Total Carbohydrate 65.7g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|
|Total Sugars 34.2g|
|Vitamin D 11mcg||53%|
Recipe Video: Vanilla Lemon Bundt Cake
Jump To Recipe: Vanilla Lemon Bundt Cake
Try this delightful lemon bundt for tea time brunch or a sunny Sunday afternoon! It’s gluten free and vegan.
- 1 Cup (227g) unsalted vegan butter at room temperature (65*F)
- 2 Cups (397g) sugar at room temperature (65*F)
- 4 Tbsp ground flaxseed (flaxseed meal) plus 12 tbsp water at room temperature (65*F)
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- 3 Cups (360g) Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 1 Cup (227g) Sugar
- 1 Large Lemon zest only
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Stir the flaxseed meal and water together in a small bowl, let the mixture to sit for 10 minutes up to 1 hour max at room temperature, (until thickened into a gel-like consistency.)
Beat together the butter, sugar, and salt until thoroughly combined fluffy and lightened in color
Beat in the flaxseed mixture one tablespoon at a time, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl once all the eggs have been beaten in and beat one more time
Gently measure the flour by spooning it into a cup before sweeping off excess.
Whisk in the baking powder to the flour.
Carefully add the flour mixture into the batter and beat on slow until smooth and combined
Stir in the zest or lemon oil
Grease a 10- to 12-cup Bundt pan.
Transfer the batter into the bundt pan and spread even the top with a spatula
Bake the cake for 40 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean