Vegan Avocado Sushi Roll Recipe
Vegan avocado sushi roll recipe is so simple and delicious. I love sushi it’s always been one of my favorite foods. And it’s so easy to make with vegan ingredients. How to make a vegan avocado vegetable sushi roll with minimal ingredients such as with jasmine rice avocado and carrots. That’s all you need!
making vegan sushi is healthy and delicious, its a plant based and gluten free recipe. I like to use wasabi in my vegan sushi roll for two reasons. The first is because I actually love the flavor! Not too much of course because it’s so intense. The second reason is because it helps hold the rice together when rolling the sushi roll.
You only need a few easy ingredients to make this avocado sushi roll. The ingredients include 1 cup white jasmine rice, 2 cup water, and 1 tbsp wasabi. Also 1 tsp rice vinegar, 1 medium avocado, 1 small carrot (not baby carrot), and 1 tbsp sesame seeds for topping.
I like using white jasmine rice to make this type of recipe. It tastes great with the seaweed, avocado, and wasabi. My favorite thing is to sprinkle it with sesame seeds and dip it in soy sauce.
The directions are super easy to follow
Directions for vegan avocado sushi roll are so easy. First, combine rice and water in a medium cooking pot and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium/high and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is fully cooked.
Remove heat and add wasabi and rice vinegar to cooked rice. Stir or whisk vigorously until thoroughly combined. Cut up carrot into vertical slices to insert in vegan sushi. Cut up avocado into slices.
How To Roll It Up
Lay down a sheet of seaweed vertically on a sushi mat or hand towel. For the hand towel, fold it in half lengthwise and over it with plastic wrap. Make a flat layer of rice on the seaweed like a sheet over a mattress.
If you want the rice on the outside instead of the inside of the sushi roll, flip the seaweed over at this point. Line the carrots and avocado on the closest edge of the seaweed to you, horizontally. Then roll it up using the towel to guide the process. This plant based sushi roll is a great vegan way to enjoy your favorite Japanese cuisine at home! Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds.
What to serve with an avocado roll?
My favorite side dishes to have with plant based sushi include:
- Edamame – Edamame is the preparation of immature soybeans still in the pod. They are generally boiled or steamed and lightly salted.
- Shishito Peppers – Shishito pepper is a mildly spicy East Asian pepper that crisp up lovely with a bit of oil in the air fryer or oven.
- Salad With Asian Dressing – Shredded lettuce, carrots, and purple cabbage with a ginger sesame dressing pairs wonderfully with an avocado sushi roll recipe.
- Seaweed Salad – Seaweed salad is also known as goma wakame in Japanese. It is made with undaria pinnatifida, an edible seaweed used widely in Japanese cuisine. It’s made by dipping dried seaweed in water, draining, cutting into small pieces and then mixed with soy sauce, mirin, sesame, sesame oil, yuzu juice, grated ginger, rice vinegar, chilli and sugar.
Also, if you are gluten free, make sure sushi is gluten free too.
Jump To Recipe: Vegan Avocado Sushi Roll
- sushi may or hand towel
- 1 Cup Jasmine rice
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Tbsp Wasabi
- 1 Tsp Rice vinegar
- ½ Medium Avocado
- 1 Small Carrot Not a baby carrot, regular small carrot
- 4 Full sized Seaweed nori sheets
- 2 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- Combine rice and water in a medium cooking pot and bring to a boil
- Turn the heat down to medium/high and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is fully cooked
- Remove heat and add wasabi and rice vinegar to cooked rice
- Stir or whisk vigorously until thoroughly combined
- Cut up carrot into vertical slices
- Cut up avocado into slices
- Lay down a sheet of seaweed vertically on a sushi mat or hand towel
- For the hand towel, fold it in half lengthwise and over it with plastic wrap
- Make a flat layer of rice on the seaweed like a sheet over a mattress, 1/2 the cooked rice in one roll, 1/2 in the other roll
- If you want the rice on the outside instead of the inside of the sushi roll, flip the seaweed over at this point
- Line the carrots and avocado on the closest edge of the seaweed to you, horizontally
- then roll it up using the towel to guide the process
- Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds